Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beware: Part II

If you haven't read Part I, well go read Part I. If you have read Part I, well then, you've made a wise decision, as you will be enlightened by even more mover trauma.

Yes, still nothing has been done.

Well, I shouldn't say nothing. A lot has been done--aggravating me to no end. There was an attempt to repair the sofa, to which I was told would be returned to me within 5-1o days. In it's absence, I was given a replacement sofa, a mustard yellow knit couch that appeared to have seen it's best years in the early 1900's in some old dilapidated living room of an elderly woman at least 110 years old, lacking all sense of taste for decorum. Now picture this couch, and then picture my face when I receive an email from Tsuri (the manager in charge at Ben Hur--and more about him later) asking me if I'd like to keep the replacement sofa instead of having them repair my damaged leather full-sized sleeper sofa. My jaw dropped and nearly knocked my Blackberry out of my hand from which I was reading this disturbing piece of mail. Apparently the sofa wasn't the only thing damaged, but also the "brain" of this incompetent "manager" of Ben Hur.

Needless to say, I turned down such an gracious offer, and insisted on retrieving my leather sofa within the 10 day period. Well day 12 comes and goes, and still no sofa. Day 13--the same. I then call Dr. Sofa, the so-called, Dr. fix-it of furniture, to ask why the delay. Another useless company, I soon realized, as they refused to give me any information, and said all such dealings must be with Ben Hur. So now I have one useless company referring to me to the other useless company and vice versa.

But I prevail, and after another 256 phone calls, get out of one of the "fix-its" that the reason for the delay was that they just received the sofa from Ben Hur, who first tried to repair it themselves! So now, my face is bright red, near to exploding, my sweating palms gripping the Blackberry as if trying to turn coal into a diamond.

Well no diamond came out of this call, or any subsequent calls. And, once again, my lawyer was back making threatening phone calls to help further this endless process along.

After much more back and forth, the wall was painted, the sofa was re-examined, and the piano was now attempted to be fixed. But, wait. They ordered the wrong replacement parts for the piano, now sitting damaged and unused in my apartment for nearly 2 months.

I just received a call from the Yamaha store in midtown Manhattan calling to schedule a time to come examine the piano so they can quote Ben Hur a repair estimate. Well here's a quote for Ben Hur, "Close shop, stop moving, and find a new business!" Or better yet, don't do business at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment